It’s officially fall, which means it’s chili season in my family! My family always serves our chili over macaroni noodles, but this year, I have decided to take it up a notch. I am taking two of my family’s favorite recipes – spicy beef chili and baked macaroni and cheese – and combining it into the ultimate baked cheesy chili mac!
You’ heard it right here. Two incredibly indulgent, perfect for gameday recipes all in one pot for an incredible baked cheesy chili mac. I take a traditional baked macaroni and cheese recipe and combine it with my family’s favorite chili recipe for the ultimate bowl of indulgence for this fall.
Imagine your team is winning on the TV. You can almost taste a game day victory. But what’s more? You can taste this incredible spicy beef chili with creamy, cheesy sharp cheddar macaroni, baked in the oven until a crispy cheese crust. A perfect baked cheesy chili mac to fill up on a Sunday afternoon.
There’s nothing more American than football (or shall I say, foodball), and that’s why I put together two amazing recipe ideas into one amazing dish to create the ultimate baked cheesy chili mac.
To make things even better, I have partnered with Tuttorosso tomatoes to take my chili to the next level. I love Tuttorosso’s tomato products because it’s truly high quality you can see and taste in every recipe.
I love Tuttorosso not only because of their sustainably produced tomatoes, they also promise no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives! You know how I like to keep my ingredients clean around here! Talk about a guilt-free game day.
Please view the original recipe on the FeedFeed at ff.recipes/chili-mac.
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup of canned hot chili beans
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 8 ounce can of Tuttorosso tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 cups of elbow macaroni pasta, cooked
- Begin by adding your ground beef and diced onions to a frying pan to brown. Add your Tuttorosso tomato sauce and chili powder. Simmer your chili for about 15-20 minutes.
- While your chili is simmering, it's time to make a roux for your cheese sauce. This will be the base of the "mac" part of your Baked Cheesy Chili Mac. Melt your butter on medium heat in a large pot, add your flour, ground mustard, salt, and pepper to your melted butter and stir to combine into a rich paste.
- Slowly whisk in your 2% milk to your roux. Continue stirring until your milk has thickened up to create the base of your cheese sauce.
- Once your based has thickened, stir in 2 cups of your sharp cheddar cheese. Add your elbow noodle pasta and chili to your large pot, and stir to combine.
- Transport your chili mac to an oven safe dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake your cheesy chili mac in the oven, uncovered on 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and brown.
Serve with diced onions, sliced jalapenos, cilantro, and sour cream!