I have the perfect dip recipe for you just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. We always called this Peggy’s Beer Cheese Dip, after our neighbor and dear family friend who would make this for parties. It’s quiet simple, and 100% amazing year-round. In fact, I’d consider it the yin to my Hot Sausage Beer Cheese Dip’s yang. With either one, you’re celebrating what’s best in life…beer and cheese.
Beer Cheese Dip
Fat: I mean…
Protein: Cheese has protein, right?
- 2 bricks of cream cheese
- 2 cups of finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup of beer. I use Goose Island beers in all of my beer-based recipes
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely sliced
- Leave your cream cheese out for about 20 minutes to soften. You don’t want it warm by any means (yuck!), but soft enough to work with.
- Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion soup mix, and beer into a bowl and mix together until evenly dispersed.
- Add in the whites of your green onions into the cheese mixture.
- Form your cheese mixture into a ball and wrap with tin foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, top your cheese ball with the greens of your sliced green scallions to impress your friends and make it look very cool. Serve with pretzels!