Bolognese sauce is the ultimate comfort food. Let it simmer on the stove for hours and it creates the perfect family meal. I’m sharing my best spaghetti bolognese recipe with you, and it’s been something I’ve been developing for a long time! With Easter coming up, it can be served as a perfect meal for the family in edition to other Easter favorites. It’s definitely an indulgent recipe, but definitely a new favorite. Check it out below!
Best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 9-10 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.2 cup of 2% milk
- 1 lb of spaghetti or your favorite noodle
- Salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, to taste
- Add your olive oil to a large pot on medium. Add your carrots and celery and begin to cook until they soften.
- Once carrots and celery are about half-cooked, add your onions, garlic and ground beef. You only want to brown your ground beef. Add you seasoning at this time, as well.
- Add your crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and white wine to your mixture. Add a bit of water, if necessary (but you probably won’t need to!).
- Bring your sauce to a boil and then bring down to a simmer and let it simmer away from 2-4 hours. The longer you let it simmer, the more flavorful it will be!
- About 5-10 minutes before you serve, add the milk. Mix into the sauce until combined.
- Serve sauce over pasta and top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese!