Having the discipline to get your diet in line is hard…unless you have delicious food that makes it easy. I made up these black bean fajita bowls as an easy way to get some spicy protein with a hit of carbs and a boat load of veggies. I like to think of this recipe as my own take on an amended Chipotle Burrito Bowl. I love this recipe so much because it’s easy to prep ahead, is incredibly tasty and filling, and of course, healthy. I love mixing this particular recipe up with more/less vegetables or different cheeses. I mean, you could even go full Monty and turn this into a burrito bowl with chicken and guac. And yes…CHEESE. Ooey, gooey cheese to top it all off. It feels indulgent, but it won’t let you FEEL it later. Check out these black bean fajita bowls!
Black Bean Fajita Bowls
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups onion, sliced
- 1 bag of simply diced potatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- optional spices: cayenne, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder
- Add your peppers and onions to a frying pan with olive oil spray. Add your spices. Once cooked through, set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, get those potatoes nice and soft, and browned. You want them crispy, but not burnt and definitely cooked through. Be sure to season these babies!
- While your potatoes are cooking, add your black beans to a saucepan and simmer. Feel free to add extra seasoning to the black beans, depending on how spicy you’d like them.
- Once all of your vegetables and beans are cooked or heated through, begin assembling your bowls! Your base will be the potatoes, then onions and peppers, and then topped with your black beans.
- Add your cheese on top of your bowls and throw it in the oven or microwave to get it all melty.
- Serve as is or with chips and my guacamole!