Who doesn’t recall going to Panera after high school activities and go wild on some broccoli cheddar soup? No? Well, let me give ya the low down.
You’re hungry. You’re ravenous. It’s probably October 27th and your friends are all piled into the car to go nuts on some bread. That’s right – bready or not, here we come, Panera.
What do you get? BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP. It’s nuts. Wild. It’s the best thing. Throw that in a bread bowl and you got heaven right there.
Now, I’ll warn ya. This soup is not quite like Panera’s. In fact, It’s a lot healthier, but despite that, DELISH. Juust because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean it has to taste bad, right?
Using almond milk to makes it creamy and less cheese to keeps it healthy. I also use potatoes to thickin’ things up and add in some extra nutrients.
Try topping this soup with some air fried broccoli. The air fryer has been my new favorite tool to use in the kitchen, and it’s made making crispy broccoli so much easier!
Now, I’m keeping things healthier in my life, I fully encourage using more cheese or even heavy cream to make this the most luscious soup of your dreams! Check out even more soups on my soup round up page!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
An easy, healthier version of Broccoli Cheddar Soup that is perfect for fall season. Perfect WW Broccoli Cheddar Soup option to keep things healthy!
- 5 cups of uncooked broccoli, chopped
- OPTIONAL: Save 3/4 cup of chopped broccoli and air fry this for garnish 🙂
- 4-5 cups of chicken broth
- 1.25 cups of cheddar cheese, but I encourage you to use more
- 9 oz of diced potatoes
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Add your stock, potatoes, onion, and garlic to a large stock pot on medium heat. Bring your stock to a boil and allow your potatoes to cook.
- Once your potatoes are semi-cooked (just a bit soft), add your broccoli and continue to cook until potatoes can be sliced through with a knife.
- Remove your stock pot from the burner and allow your soup to cool.
- Add your soup to a blender or blend with a hand mixer until completely smooth. If you saved some broccoli to air fry to garnish, do this at this time. You’ll add the broccoli to the air fryer at 375 with some olive oil spray until they are nice and charred.
- Add your mustard, salt and pepper, cheese, and almond milk to your silky smooth soup. Again, I added less cheese to my recipe because I am trying to keep it healthy, but add more at your leisure!
- Serve and garnish with air fried broccoli, cheese, or crusty bread.