Paid partnership with Tuttorosso Tomatoes & FeedFeed.
New year, same me is the vibe for 2021! I am all about taking things that I love and transforming them into an alternative version of itself to help drive toward my own nutritional goals.
When I am craving pasta, I am usually craving Penne alla Vodka. This time around, I’m taking a dairy-free spin with cashew cream as my heavy whipping cream substitute, combined with the most delicious Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Chopped Tomatoes in Puree with Sea Salt.
I love Tuttorosso Tomatoes because they drive toward my goal of having quality food you can taste and see without any GMOs or artificial ingredients. I am all about eating clean and eating quality food this year, and these tomatoes are my key ingredient for this recipe!
This luscious Dairy-Free Penne alla Vodka became a favorite when I made it for my family this winter! I love this sauce, as it’s an Italian comfort food that I learned to enjoy as an adult and hope to share it as a comfort classic traditional recipe that I can share for years to come!
Please view the original recipe on the FeedFeed at ff.recipes/dairy-free-penne-alla-vodka.
Dairy-Free Penne alla Vodka
I’m taking a dairy-free spin on Penne alla Vodka with cashew cream as my heavy whipping cream substitute, combined with the most delicious Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Chopped Tomatoes in Puree with Sea Salt.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Tuttorosso Tomato Paste
- 1 & 1/3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (28 oz.) can Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Chopped Tomatoes in Puree with Sea Salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup cashew cream (homemade recipe noted below)
- 16 oz cooked penne pasta
- Cook your penne pasta until al dente, and set aside.
- Add olive oil, onion, and garlic to a large stock pot on medium heat. Cook onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, crushed red pepper salt and pepper to the stock pot, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in Tuttorosso San Marzano Style Chopped Tomatoes in Puree with Sea Salt, along with water, vodka, herbs and sugar. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew cream and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Serve sauce with cooked penne and fresh herbs!
To make homemade cashew cream, add 1 cup of unsalted cashews to a bowl of water and allow them to soak for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. Drain your cashews, rince, and blend with water until smooth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.