Lunch is my favorite meal of the day, and also my worst enemy. Ever since I was a kid, I looked forward to lunch…maybe because I would often skip breakfast. Regardless, nothing delights me more than mini-dinner in the middle of the day. With that, ever since I’ve been let loose in the working world (crazy, I know), lunch has been my biggest downfall. Had a bad morning? Forget that Lean Cuisine and grab something out. Had a good morning? What salad? I’ve never heard of salad, and now I’m going to go grab a burrito. Whatever it is, sticking to my lunch plan has always been a challenge during the work week. That is, until I took the initiative to actually meal prep some lunches that I actually WANTED to eat. This Greek chicken salad is full of veggies, both raw and roasted, roast chicken and then served with my family’s tzaziki sauce. To me, this is a deconstructed chicken gyro…and hell, I’d eat that any day.
Greek Chicken Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 9 ounces of baby spinach
- 11 ounces of asparagus
- 10.5 ounces of cherry tomatoes
- juice from half lemon
- olive oil spray
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Greek seasoning (I use McCormick’s)
- Tzaziki Sauce – Check out my recipe here.
- Cut chicken in small, bite sized pieces. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and Greek seasoning. Prepare baking sheet with olive oil spray and bake chicken in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Cut asparagus into bite sized pieces and mix with cherry tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders and Greek seasoning. Prepare baking sheet with olive oil spray and bake in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes.
- While vegetables and chicken are baking, prepare 4 containers with uncooked baby spinach.
- Prepare tzaziki sauce and set aside.
- For the last 5 minutes, switch bake to broil to brown the chicken breast. Once finished, remove from the oven, along with the vegetables.
- Separate chicken and vegetables into four equal portions.
- Serve with homemade tzaziki sauce.