Reach for the fries! I mean, that’s what I live by. I took a shot a making my own oven fries this week and BOY I don’t know if I can go back to anything else. Super zesty, crispy, yet soft…I mean these could literally suit any fry lover. Check out the full recipe, and let me know how you like your fries in the comments!
Homemade Oven Fries
- 3 russet potatoes, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take your sliced potatoes and soak them in a bath of water for anywhere between 5-20 minutes. For this batch, I went shorter because I was hungry! The water bath allows for crispier potatoes 🙂
- Drain your potatoes and pat until completely dry.
- Toss your potatoes in olive oil and seasoning, and add to a sheet pan. I recommend doing this in batches depending on how many fries you have. You don’t want them overcrowd and not crisp up.
- Send you potatoes to the oven for about 35-40 minutes, flipping them halfway.
- If you need to, set your oven to broil for the last 5 minutes to get an extra crisp.
- Once out of the oven, add a sprinkle of salt and serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.