Call me extra, but I love guacamole. To me, it is the most perfect dip. The best condiment. A life force that stands on it’s own. And this particular guacamole has been something I’ve been making for years. Often a staple at parties, I find the bowl I filled with this amazing avocado delicacy completely licked clean, family and friends demanding more! I am but one person to make such mass amounts of guacamole, so I only promise to be sure to bring my “famous guacamole” with me to our next gathering. Okay, okay that didn’t actually happen, but my great uncle John demands this dip every time I see him. It’s that good. And now it’s time to share it with all of you! Check it out below and let me know in the comments what you think makes your guacamole special.
Calories per serving: 194
- 3 avocados
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1-2 tbsp of cilantro, minced
- dashes of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper
- I always start my guacamole with chopping all of my tomato, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro and setting it aside.
- Slice up your avocados and begin to mash them in a bowl. I slice my avocados into cubes within their skins to make for easy mashing.
- Add your tomato, onion, and jalapeno to the bowl of mashed avocado and combine. Be sure not to mash up your tomatoes!
- Add your spices and refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a condiment to nachos, tacos, sandwiches and more!