Tortellini is probably my favorite pasta. It’s the most underrated stuffed pasta, with it’s cousin, the ravioli, always taken up the limelight. Well, this is my way of making tortellini the star of the dish. This was another one of my “what do I have in my fridge?” recipes, and it turned out even better than I expected. When life gives you garden fresh tomatoes and heavy cream, you make a creamy tomato sauce and slather it all over some amazing pasta. Check out what I doctored up with what was in my fridge. This dish reminds me of the finest romance – the most beautiful dish you can make to impress your date or maybe even just yourself.
Tortellini with Creamy Tomato Sauce
Calories per serving: 552
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 package of Barilla cheese tortellini
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Begin with that big ol’ pot of water. Get it boiling before you start the rest of the recipe.
- Add your olive oil to a saute pan and get it nice and hot.
- Saute your tomatoes, shallot, and garlic together with salt and red pepper flakes. Saute until the tomatoes are all melty and it forms a beautiful sauce.
- Add heavy whipping cream and keep your sauce on a very low simmer.
- Cook your tortellini until completely cooked through. Add to your creamy tomato sauce.
- Toss your tortellini in the sauce until completely coated.
- Top your tortellini with extra red pepper flake (if you wish), fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.