Nothing says winter like roasty, toasty potatoes. Or at least in my carb kingdom, that’s the case. Now, this side dish is one that will stand out with its simplicity. In this case, I jazzed them up with truffle salt, but feel welcome to be as adventurous or as traditional as you want with seasoning these perfect little bites. I use baby potatoes for this recipe, but you can use larger ones cut into small pieces, if need be. The key here is timing and technique. I promise that with this recipe you’ll be the king or queen of balanced meals that will make you asking for more.
Truffle-Salted Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lb of baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- Optional: Truffle salt or Maldon sea salt flakes
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Rinse and slice your potatoes, and lay on a baking sheet.
2) Add your olive oil to the baking sheet and toss until coated with oil. Season with regular salt and pepper.
3) Throw those taters in the oven for about 25 minutes. They should be soft and a little browned at this point.
4) Set your oven to broil for 5-10 minutes to crisp them up. Keep a watchful eye to ensure that they do not burn.
5) Remove potatoes from the oven. Garnish with truffle salt or Maldon sea salt flakes, and serve.